”Én Gry & Sif is designed in Denmark and 100% handmade in Nepal by very skilled Nepalese women – handmade with integrity and the finest nature materials”
100% Fair Trade
Nepal is one of the poorest countries in the world, and the need for development is enormous. We believe that the best way to contribute to the positive development of Nepal is to create good and sustainable jobs.
Én Gry & Sif has since 2000 been working on the production of felt products in Nepal.
From the very beginning, it has been important that all work should take place in fair and orderly terms and that the workers should be paid a decent salary for their work. Therefore, it was with great pleasure that we in 2009 was certified by the World Fair Trade Organization.
Over the years, Én Gry & Sif has been involved in various development projects in collaboration with local NGOs, such as the TEWA women organization, and DANIDA. We have also provided financial support for a orphanage in Nepal’s capital, Kathmandu, as well as to workers and their families.
To become Fair Trade certified, we must live up to the 10 Fair Trade principles:
- Create opportunities for economically disadvantaged producers.
- Our business must be transparency and accountability.
- We must trade on Fair Trade conditions.
- We must pay a fair price.
- We need to ensure that child labor does not occur.
- We are not obliged not to discriminate.
- We must ensure good working conditions.
- We must ensure the development and qualification of our suppliers.
- We must promote the Fair Trade message.
- We must show respect for the environment in our production.